Assalamualaikum and hello love!
It has been a while since my last recipe, don't you think so? Moving back into my house after my confinement really makes me miss cooking and baking. Today I want to share with all of you my Buttermilk Chicken that's easy to cook and yummy too! I actually made the Buttermilk Chicken for the first time on Monday, and then my husband requested it again today! *hehehe* so that really made me happy because I know he loves it and hey I freaking love it too! It so decadent, milky, buttery and spicy. Serve it with hot rice and you are set for the perfect comfort dish! :) Lets start cooking!
There's 2 parts of the recipe, the chicken and the gravy.
Chicken coated with flour
500g chicken meat (boneless, cut into small pieces). I bought chicken fillet and cut them into smaller pieces. Makes my life easier.
2 cups of flour *You can add 2 -3 tablespoons of corn flour for extra crunch
1 tsp of Salt
1 large egg or 2 medium sized eggs
How to :
1. Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
2. Crack the eggs in a separate bowl.
3. Dip the chicken into the dry mixture, then into the eggs, then into the dry ingredients again.
4. Fry the chicken until golden brown.
3 tbsps of butter
4 cloves of garlic (finely chopped)
3-4 cili padi (sliced) *depends on your liking
15-20 pcs of large curry leaves
1 can of evaporated milk
Salt to taste
1. Heat the pan with butter.
2. Add in the garlic and cili padi, stir until fragrant.
3. Insert the curry leaves and stir. Leave it until the aroma of the curry arises.
4. Pour in the evaporated milk and stir. You can add water if you want to have more liquid. Cook for about 5 minutes and then add salt to taste. Let it simmer for a while.
5. Add in the chicken and turn off the heat.
See how easy this is? It is so so so good! I love it so much that I wish I can have it everyday! *hahaha* but that's impossible because this dish has too much calories in it. :P I hope you guys find this recipe easy and try it out if you have been craving Buttermilk chicken. I personally think this is the best Buttermilk Chicken that I ate so far because everytime I ordered this dish in restaurants, they did not taste good.
Happy cooking and thanks for reading! ^_^