I am overly excited about these new products from Breena Beauty that I actually filmed a video right after receiving it, which NEVER happened before. And thank you to my husband for working from home yesterday, so he helped me by taking care of Marissa so I can record, edit and upload the video. *thank you sayang*. You see, uploading a video is not easy especially when you have a toddler that constantly wants your attention therefore I am totally blessed that my husband helped me out. :')
Okay so Breena Beauty is famous for their beautiful brushes. I own all of them and they are really nice. Breena Beauty stands for affordable price with good quality products and I believe they achieve that every single time they comes out with new products. The VelvetCreme Long-Lasting Matte Liquid Lipstick is their new babies and I am here to tell you guys how I feel about it.
First up, the packaging is simply beautiful, the white and the rose gold lace design which is the same design with their makeup brushes packaging. There are 9 shades available ranging to nude, pink, mauve and red with specific undertones.
Here's my thoughts on what I like about these Velvetcreme :
- Highly pigmented
- Velvet-ty texture that makes application glides on smoothly on the lips
- Easy to apply as the doe-foot applicator is pretty good
- Dries up from velvet texture to matte finish pretty quickly
- Velvetty matte finish
- Second layer of the lipstick can be applied on the lips without looking too much
- Comfortable even though it is slightly drying
- Minimal transfer (only at the centre of the lips) therefore quite long-lasting
- Nice vanilla scent
- Vegan and not tested on animals
Here's some little things that I don't like about it :
- The wand is a bit messy, too much product clings on the wand
- It turns flaky at the centre of the lips (when the product is rubbed off)
- A few of the shades is a bit streaky (Peach Cake, Teddy and Frosting)
- There's and after taste/scent after application
- Slight tackiness when pressed lips together
I would rate this liquid lipstick 4/5 because the beautiful shades range can cater to all skin tones and of course because of the PROS I mentioned above. The best part that it is ony RM39 each and currently they are having a promotion where you need to pay RM100 for 3 liquid lipsticks only! How affordable i that? I have a tip for when you want to use liquid lipsticks. Exfoliate your lips so all the dead skin is lifted, then apply lip balm to keep your lips well-moisturized. And also, this would help to reduce the lines on your lips when you apply matte lipsticks.
I apologized for my immature swatches, will improve in the future! :P Anyway these are the shades available, don't you think they are gorgeous?? :) The colour of the packaging is almost similar to the exact shade, so I really think you can get the rough idea how each of the shade looks like.
WATCH MY LIP SWATCHES VIDEO ON MY YT CHANNEL AND SUBCRIBE PLEASE! :)
DIRECT LINK OF THE VIDEO : https://youtu.be/qlaSj99sECY
Take a closer look of the shades through my photos below!
So which one is your favourite? Mine is Coco Latte, Teddy, Cat Lady and Macaroon! :) Check out Breena Beauty for more info ok? :)
Website : http://www.breenabeauty.com
Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/breenabeauty/
Thanks for reading!